Which prosthetic sleeves offer the longest life?
Durability is somewhat subjective when you consider activity level, daily activities and the trimelines of your prosthetic socket. Occupations that involve constant kneeling or exposure to construction work site environments will degrade any sleeve rapidly. Prosthetic socket trimelines that are "sharp" or rough will eventually tear your sleeve or destroy its seam. Prosthetic products designed to protect your sleeve are discussed in helpful tips. Typically knitted sleeves are the most durable, followed by neoprene, silicone and last gel-type sleeves.
Related Prosthetic Sleeve Articles:
- The Complete Prosthetic Suspension Guide
- What is the difference between Vacuum and Suction suspension systems?
- Which prosthetic sleeve features are important to amputees.
- Helpful tips for your prosthetic sleeve
- How-to install a Below-Knee Sleeve onto my prosthesis?
- How-to protect and care for suspension sleeves.
- Prosthetic Sleeve Materials Primer