Proth-Pro Prosthetic Donning Aid is a prosthetic aid intended for suction suspension sockets to simplify putting on your prosthesis without pain and discomfort. Every morning doesn’t have to feel like “Monday Morning” when putting on your suction prosthetic socket. The Proth-Pro donning aid makes the physically straining morning task of putting on your prosthesis easier. This donning aid is made of a durable Rip Stop Nylon material and will not stretch out. The low shear resistance that nylon helps you avoid skin abrasion along areas below your groin area and distal (bottom) femur. This can be a great solution for traumatic above knee amputations that have scarred or hypersensitive skin, however prefer the “oneness” of suction suspension.
Proth-Pro Donning Instructions:
- To apply the Proth-Pro donning aid, first fully spread out the aid.
- Fold the top half (A) of the Proth-Pro into the other half (B). Make sure the seams are flush with each other; loop is on the outside.
- With both hands, pull the Proth-Pro over your transfemoral residual limb like a sock. Avoid creases.
- Position the socket over your residual limb after which the loop of the Proth-Pro can be put through the socket’s valve hole.
- Finally, slowly pull the Proth-Pro out of the prosthetic socket by pulling the loop through the valve hole. If you realize your residual limb is not positioned inside your socket properly, this procedure has to be repeated.
Be careful! Do not step on the Proth-Pro as the highly slippery material makes it a slipping hazard. When using the Proth-Pro, it is important to use the correct size. Your Proth-Pro will not work as described and may prematurely wear out if sized too small.